Friday, February 11

Super Fast and Impressive Finger Food!


Party food is always a challenge for me.  I like to have lots of selection to please everyone's taste buds, but I also want to find easy ones.  Usually before hosting a party, I'm running around my apartment with Miss A frantically cleaning, sweeping, and vacuuming then hopping in the shower and getting ready as fast as possible since it's already 20minutes past when we told people to arrive.

To rectify this, I've been on the hunt for impressive but EASY appetizers.  I LOVE crostini (those little toasted baguette slices with delicious tastes on top.  I discovered this Artichoke and Olive Crostini recipe online and was so excited!  Miss A and I love artichokes and hadn't had any in a long time.  I'd suggested steamed artichokes for dinner earlier this week and was depressed to find out THEY'RE NOT IN SEASON!  Bummer!  So after all this hunting for delicious artichoke recipes to satisfy my craving, I was out of luck.  But then I realized this recipe called for artichoke hearts - A HA! - and you can get these canned all year long!

ARTICHOKE AND OLIVE CROSTINI
Thanks to Real Simple for a better
pic than any of mine!
Ingredients:
24 thin slices of baguette (from 1 small loaf)
5 bsp olive oil
1 14oz can artichoke hearts (rinsed and chopped)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
kosher salt and pepper
fresh shaved parmesan

Preparation:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet (lined with foil for easy clean up) and brush both sides of the bread with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes each side).
-In a small bowl, toss together the artichoke hearts, olives, and parsley with the remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Top the baguette slices with the artichoke heart mixture and top with freshly shaved parmesan.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments: