Tuesday, November 30

The Best Part of Thanksgiving--DESSERT! (and a Pumpkin Pie recipe)

My parents' kitchen... PRE-Thanksgiving madness!  Check out those pies cooling though... yum!
My parents' oven - that made Thanksgiving possible!  Thank goodness for double ovens!
My mom crimping the pie edges like I taught her!
And I crimped the one in front!
My mom's magical mixer that I am SO ENVIOUS OF!

PUMPKIN PIE
Ingredients:
4 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust 
...frozen or homemade, whichever you have time for!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk and eggs. Season with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix together with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Pour filling into pie crust.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake another 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.


Top it off with a few chopped pecans and dust it with cinnamon for a Holiday-worth presentation!

Filled with pumpkin filling.
One of the finished, perfectly-golden Pumpkin Pies... Look at that crust! 
Another pie my mom made at my Uncle Mark's request: Lemon Meringue Pie
--complete with little mountains on top! 
That's 5 pies and 2 cakes plus cookies people! 2 Pumpkin Pies, Coffee Cake on top 
of a box of Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Apple Cake,  
Apple Pie, and Pecan Pie in back!


More Thanksgiving pictures and recipes to come...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this makes me hungry all over again!

lomr said...

Looks really good, thanks for the recipe.